Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Hubby Needs His Cookies!

When we started our transition to Paleo, which seems like ages ago (only 19 days), the hubby was having a hard time.  When you just eat what you want forever, it's understandable.  I cut him off cold turkey from his beloved Oreos.  I'm starting to sounds like an awful wife, huh.  So feeling pitty on him, I knew I needed to make some sort of sweet dessert because he has not come over to my dark chocolate covered almond loving side.  Then, as a miracle, a friend posted a quick recipe for some chocolate chip cookies.  Bazinga!  It was meant to be!

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (used vegan butter)

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

Prep Time:  5 minutes
Cook Time:  14 minutes
Yield:  less than a dozen (not large enough for my hubby)

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 coconut oil (sub butter)
1/4 maple syrup
2 eggs
1 TS vanilla extract
1/3 cacao chips (sub chocolate chips)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat your oven to 350.  
I love easy.  I literally took every ingredients (except chocolate chips) and put them in a bowl.  If you use coconut oil, you need to melt it.  Used my hand mixer to blend.  Then just folded in the cacao chips (chocolate chips).

I put some parchment paper down on the cookie sheet.  Spooned the cookie dough on the sheet and plopped it into the oven.  I kept checking the oven at the 12 minute to see if they cookies were starting to brown.  I took mine out around the 14 minute mark.

NOTES:
So I have tried this recipe a few different ways.  The top picture I used vegan butter instead of coconut oil.  There was no need to melt the butter like the coconut oil.  In all honestly, I liked that batch the best.  Below is a photo of my coconut oil use in the batch.  They were good but they didn't brown up enough for my hubby's liking and were more cake like.  Either way, they are a great Paleo treat.

I have to laugh because I've noticed with all the Paleo and/or healthy dessert recipes have such a smaller yield.  Guess that's so we don't over-indulge!

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (used coconut oil)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment